HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Monday, March 10, 2014

Taco Palenque

Y'all.

This weekend was FABULOUS! (Can you tell that I live for weekends?)

If you didn't read my nonsense, rambling post, I'll let you in on a not so secret:
I was super pumped to see Selena Gomez in concert!
In Texas!
11 hours away!
Road trip!
(Is that enough exclamation points to convince you how excited I was?) 

margs, mexican food, margaritas
Margs on margs on margs

Josh and I left Friday morning to begin the monotonous drive through a trillion miles of farmland.
Fun fact: the speed limit is 75 on most Texas highways, interstates and farm roads. Which basically means it's totally ok to go 90. That was a change from the norm. At this point, I felt like we were in a different country. 

We saw cacti, longhorns, border portal looking for people, and got our picture taken by border patrol (we think). Clearly we were going to have a blast!

The language barrier was ridiculous. I mean Spanish is the first language down there (we were like 2 inches from the border of Mexico). I took Spanish in high school, but I can't speak it nearly as fast as 99.9% of the people down there. I can read it better than I can understand and speak it. 
Problem. 
(After this trip, I want to learn Spanish for like real--most people were bilingual and I'm just like oh hey I have a college degree, but I can't communicate with you)


Ok on to Selena. She was fabulous--of course. Me and all of the other seven year olds loved her
 (I know I know--how old am I?) 
They had a boy band open for her and I have to admit I loved them too! 
(confession: I bought one of their songs) 
I was screaming along with every other preteen there. I had the time of my life! 



Selena Gomez, Concert, Texas, Mexico

After the concert, so excited to have seen it!

After a weekend of margs, Mexican food, and screaming preteens,
I can't wait for the next concert!

 photo becauseisaidsosig_zps7aaadf76.png

No comments:

Post a Comment