Disclaimer: this post is a complete 180 from yesterday.
I had a not so great day yesterday -- largely due to the rain.
Actually the truth is, it wasn't all the rain. After I wrote about it, I became more and more frustrated with the fact that I wasn't in bed watching movies.
Like it sucked.
Today I'm going to try to take on a whole new attitude. Being angry at everything is actually really draining and doesn't get you through the day or through traffic any faster. Believe me, I tried.
After thinking about it all night, I figured out that you have to PURPOSE TO BE POSITIVE.
Sometimes you can just wake up and be genuinely excited/happy/ready for the day. Other times you have to work on it so that negativity doesn't take over your whole day.
Been there done that not fun.
Steps to making sure you don't have a horrible day due to negativity:
1. Wake up early. When you are rushed everything is 10x more stressful. Sometimes, you snooze too long and are running late, but by consciously making the choice to wake up early to have a good day, it alleviates some of the stress.
2. Eat breakfast. Take the time to sit down and eat. I know I'm way grouchier on an empty stomach.
3. Watch TV or read. I like to watch the Today show when I get up early. It's really the ONLY time I ever watch the news.
4. Buy yourself something nice. This may go against your my budget, but sometimes you just need a pick me up. Fresh flowers, a cupcake, a new nail polish, etc.
5. Take a shower/bath in the morning. It really does wake you up!
These have all helped me turn my frown upside down more than once (so cheesy sorry).
Today will be a good day--because I said so!