HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise

Early to bed, early to rise..makes you healthy, wealthy, and wise.


(At least that's how I remember the little saying going.)


Easier said than done.


IMG_1619


I have been trying to wake up earlier for a few weeks now and I just can't do it. The earliest I have been able to wake up is 7:30 am. Some of you are shaking your head at my laziness, while other of you are probably saying that's super early. I know and I know. With me not having to be at work until 9am and it only taking like 10-15 minutes max to get to work, I love to sleep in. However, if I am going to kick-butt at accomplishing my New Year's Resolutions, I need to get out of bed earlier. In fact, one of my miscellaneous (just added) resolutions is to be an early riser. Plus I hear the gym is less crowded at this time-its a win-win!

I know you can get more accomplished, kickstart your metabolism, and not be so rushed in the morning--which I frequently am. This is all very appealing. So why can't I drag myself out from under the covers?! It's frustrating to say the least.

After doing some thinking, I came up with a few ways few ways I can motivate myself to get out of bed and you can too!

1. Go to bed earlier. Makes sense. Eight hours of sleep is eight hours whether its from 12-8 or 10-6.


2. Eliminate distractions in your room. Turn the TV and other electronics off.


3. Have someone call you. Literally a wake up call.


4. Set 5 alarms if you have to. If you're tempted to snooze--like me, this can be especially helpful.


5. Go to bed 10 minutes earlier every day and wake up 10 minutes earlier everyday. Before long you'll be waking up before the sun! (ok just kidding, no one wants to do that)


I'm going to try these over the next week or so and hopefully I can make it out of bed by my goal time and be able to rule the world all by 7 am.


What are tricks you use to get out of bed in the mornings (other than the fact that you just plain have to)?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment