Let me preface this by saying: I go to the doctor A LOT. If I have bug bite that I even think looks fishy I'll go to the Urgent Care which has resulted in lots of money being spent and teasing from Josh. I'll admit I'm sort of a hypochondriac. So with that being said, I'm trying to beat this on my own and refusing to go to the doctor (for now).
Here are my favorite things to do to battle a cold/allergies/bad day (that don't include a trip to the Urgent Care)
1. Workout. I know this sounds counterintuitive (when you're sick all you want to do is sleep), but when Josh dragged my butt to the gym this weekend, for a brief hour or two, I could breathe and felt better. Plus, I felt productive and skinny, which is always a plus.
2. Take a bubble bath. Duh. There's not much that a hot bath (with bubbles) and a good book can't fix. Every time I'm feeling sick and/or blah I soak it off (lol so punny).
3. Watch a good movie. Or Netflix. Anything to take your mind off of things for a bit, right? Also, I'm in need of show suggestions!
4. Sleep. This should be included in every prescription. Most of the time, we get sick because our bodies are overworked causing our immune systems to be compromised.
5. Soup. Any and all forms of soup. I prefer chicken noodle OR the clear soup from sushi restaurants--always does the trick.
So, in order to kick this nasty allergies/cold hybrid I'll be doing all of the above and continuing my DayQuil/NyQuil rotation. Here's to getting lots of rest!