HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Spending Freeze




I originally got this idea from Hillary at Salsa the Blog, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I needed it. I spent way, Way, WAY too much money on clothes last month--like $600 too much. Yea, that's a little obnoxious; it was tax refund season, but still.

So this month, I've decided that if it's not in my super strict budget designed to help me save money, then I'm not buying it! Unfortunately, that means that unless I have a gift card or someone buys it for me (HINT HINT), no daily coffee from Starbucks. I do still have to pay for rent, utilities, and things like that, so those don't count.

For example, I've budget $100 for groceries for the month. This should be MORE than plenty for one person (I think). If I run out of the allotted amount, then I'll have to make do with what I have in the pantry/freezer.

Y'all don't even know how hard it's been and it's been like a day. All of the cute summer clothes are coming out, I want ALL of the Starbucks, and I have a craving for snacks I haven't eaten in years. I don't think my budgeted amount will last me very long! But, I'm all about a challenge.

I am, however, giving myself one freebie: The Lilly for Target launch!

Until then, I'll be buying in bulk at the grocery, bringing my lunch, convincing people to buy me things, and raiding my parents pantry for things like toilet paper, paper towels and food--yes I'm not above any of that.

Wish me LUCK!



14 comments:

  1. Good luck on your spending freeze. I'm currently doing one and man it is a hard knock life. It's like everywhere I go I find so many cute things I want and walking away telling myself no is not fun. I hope in the end it's worth it on both our parts! Good thing you gave yourself an out for Lilly at Target, otherwise there would've gone that spending freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lololol I do this all the time, I make it an hour and then get an email "gap 40% off" !!! Bam budget blown.
    But with the new season brewing I'm feeling the save bug too! Here's to us we can do it!! :)))

    Ooooh look a sale!!!
    JK JK
    NOT SPENDING STARTS NOw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA You are precious! I do the same thing!

      Delete
  3. I was just mentioning to my husband that I haven't been spending with clothing at all for the past months, but I definitely have to give myself a budget for home stuff. We are in the middle of renovating the kitchen and adding to the house, so I'm always avoiding any type of home store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO need to do this! It's very hard! And I too am eager for the Lily launch at Target! I don't need a single thing, but there are definitely some things I want to scoop up before they sell out! Good luck on your spending freeze!
    Vicky @ randomlittlefaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my same mindset which WILL be dangerous!

      Delete
  5. I feel like I've been on a spending freeze for two year snow. Grad School is no joke when it comes to draining all your money and leaving you the poorest of the poor. Unpaid internships don't help either, le sigh lol. Good luck though girl! It's hard but you kinda get used to it after awhile and then don't wanna spend any money ever!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine, but not wanting to throw money at the wind is the goal!

      Delete
  6. I was thinking earlier today that I need to at least start a budget -- so I know where I'm spending money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh this is just what I need to do as well -- I've been spending money like crazy lately, and I'm still not 100% happy with my current wardrobe! Time to re-download the Mint app and set a hard budget for myself, haha. Good luck!

    xoxo
    Lara
    seafoamanddiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm joining you on this spending freeze this month! I am also in need! I've spent far too much money last month and need to reel in my savings!
    xo, Kyla - KyMarieC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard so far! I have my budgeted items and I'm already in danger of going over those!

      Delete
  9. Thanks! I'm going to need all the luck and well wishes I can get!

    ReplyDelete