HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Awkward Diaries

My younger sister, Carol, (fortunately for her) doesn't know what an awkward phase is.


I, unfortunately do.

It's called all of middle school/jr. high.
I was her age when I was the MOST awkward.
Who am I kidding, I'm probably still pretty awkward. 

Let's be real: I still don't know how to do my hair or make up and could really use a personal stylist.

I don't think kids these days have an awkward phase. 
(I see six year olds with better style than me) 
And let's be honest, it's not fair. 

Carol will never know what it feels like to look back at pictures and yell, "MOM WHY DID YOU LET ME CUT MY HAIR!!" Or "OMG I wore that?!" because she's had three moms urge her not to for the start. In fact, I like to think of her as my mini me--if I could do jr. high over again.


That being said, I think everyone needs some kind of an awkward phase. That's when you truly learn about yourself (if not in the moment, then definitely looking back). If not to learn, then to at least laugh. Looking back at pictures and being able to laugh at yourself is an admirable quality--in my book anyway--probably because I have lots of laughing to do.
I don't think I've even shown J most of my awkward phase pictures.

(I can't believe I'm sharing this, but...)

Yikes..this was before straighteners were invented.

I'm not sure what I learned about myself from this, but it definitely has to be along the lines of: I AM NEVER CUTTING MY HAIR AGAIN. That is all.


Stay awkward y'all.
{because I said so}

 photo becauseisaidsosig_zps7aaadf76.png

4 comments:

  1. I've gone through some super awkward stages but thank god it's over (or is it.. ughhh). I don't even wanna look at my old photos.. shudder.

    xo caro, the caro diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh my life is one big awkward stage. I was "scene" in middle school so unfortunate.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so awkward!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shudder when I think about my middle school days!! They were the worst! I had a perm but brushed it out, huge ugly glasses, and had terrible fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete