HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bridal Shows and Wedding Woes



As girls, most of us start planning our weddings at a very young age. I am no exception. My Pinterest board "Dream Wedding" has basically everything picked out--from the ring to the decor. 

One thing I've been exposed to, since working in the industry, are wedding shows. You know the ones where a million vendors gather in one place in hopes of booking weddings? Yea those. (We actually have one today--bring it on!)

As a bride I can't imagine the amount of stress this brings...it brings stress as a vendor too--or maybe I'm just a very stressed person idk. 





I know that when I (finally get engaged), I will probably not go to any bridal shows.  I basically already know what I want/who I want to do what for my wedding--thanks to years of taking notes and 2. It's so impersonal and hectic. (Maybe I'll change my mind when I finally get engaged--heck I'll probably want to milk every perk of being engaged, but we'll see.) 

That being said, how, as a vendor, do we make it less impersonal? Less hectic?

Tips:

1. Don't call/email every bride registered to the show. As a vendor you get a list. If you didn't talk to them, don't call them. It's weird. 

2. Engage with the brides who are brave enough to come talk to you. Give them valuable information and make it worth their time.

3. Get their info--in the least creepy way--to follow up. Make them feel special.

4. Don't force your fliers down their throats. I went to a show as a "bride" to check it out and it was like collecting postcards...the brides don't want your photography flier if they already have a photographer--and that's a waste of a flier!  

5. Qualify leads. Some people are just there for the free food and giveaways. Weed the non serious ones out and spend more time on the ones who are genuinely interested.

That being said, I can't wait for the show tonight (does that contradict myself--I hope not). The prospect of new business and the atmosphere surrounding these shows usually make the hectic-ness worth it!


 photo becauseisaidsosig_zps7aaadf76.png


2 comments:

  1. How fun that this is the industry you work in!! Dream JOB!!! When planning my wedding I had a really clear vision and didn't go to any of these trade shows, I can see how they would be overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be really fun to go to one of these just to look around, in a "my best friend is getting married and I'm a bridesmaid" type of way. But I don't think I'd be able to do it as a bride, it would be way too over whelming to have that many choices in front of me

    ReplyDelete