HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Day in the Life of a Social Media Manager

Social Media jobs are super trendy right now. After all, as a millennial who has basically been brought up on social media, this kind of job is a no brainer. I love being on Facebook all day, designing posts and analyzing the numbers. Not to mention, I love the people I work with!



6:30 AM. Begin waking up. I say "begin" because most of the time, I'll hit snooze (which is so bad, but sometimes I just want more sleep!) 

6:45 AM-8:00 AM. Get ready for work. And by that I mean mentally prepare myself for the day. I'll pack my gym bag, sometimes a lunch, eat breakfast, check social media (most of the time before I even get out of bed), and take Laney for a walk--it's a new thing I'm trying!

8:00 AM-9:00AM. I have a pretty long commute to work (about 45 minutes) while living at home. When Josh and I's new house is built, I'll only have a 15 minute drive to work!


9:00 AM. Arrive at work. First thing I do is open up all of the tabs I'll be working in--Facebook, Hootsuite, Gmail, etc. I'll check how yesterdays posts performed and reply to any emails. 

9:00 AM-12:00PM. Working hard. The mornings are usually filled with meetings, collaborations, and more meetings. During this time, when I'm not in a meeting, I'll be designing FB posts for my clients (I have about 6 right now), drafting proposals and blog posts, and researching whats new (like Instagram's new algorithm and how it'll affect my clients).


12ish. Lunch! I typically eat lunch at my desk (because I'm that dedicated of a worker). Lately, I've been trying to bring my lunch--somedays this works better than others.

Afternoon. The afternoon is filled with more or less the same things. I usually collaborate with my co-workers on projects they are working on--I'm great at "wording" for FB posts and Insta captions. 

2:30/3:00PM. I'm usually heading out for a cupcake. I NEED sugar in the afternoon, so I head to a local cupcakery for a wedding cake cupcake. 

5:00PM. Quitting time. After work, I'll head next door to Anytime Fitness. I usually walk/run three miles while watching Jeopardy/Wheel of Fortune or whatever is on their TVs.

6:00 PM. By the time I'm done working out, Josh is off work! We typically meet at our property to see what's been done in the last 24 HRS. Fingers crossed they are pouring the slab today!


7:00PM. Dinner (usually at Josh's house) while we watch politics--my favorite #sarcasm. Sometimes I can get him to go for a Redbox movie!

9:00 PM. I finally head home, which takes me about 30 mins. I'll usually head straight for a bubble bath then crawl into bed with Netflix and my blog to work on. 

----

So, there you have it! My day to day changes on the reg which keeps things exciting, but this is the basic day. 

What's your day to day like?

No comments:

Post a Comment