HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Friday, January 2, 2015

Tis the Season for Engagements

Lately, there have been a ton of engagements popping up all over my Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. If you are a female in your 20s, I'm sure it's happening to you too. It all started around the week of Christmas. Christmas Eve engagements by the dozens, even more Christmas Day and New Year's Eve engagements.
 
 
 

 
It IS "engagement season" after all. 
 
What is engagement season?
 
 
Engagement season (IT REALLY IS A THING) is the phrase coined for the time period between November and February. Don't believe me? Just look at your own timeline or your friend's and see how many people have gotten engaged in just a few months. Something about the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day) really brings out the romantic side in guys. Something in the water maybe?
 
In the wedding industry, this is a prime time. It's like our own Holiday (that we have to work). We get dozens of calls from potential brides literally the moment it happens. "Hi, my name is _____ and I JUST got engaged (like five minutes ago) and would like information..." Never fails.
 
Bridal shows will be popping up by the dozen--we still have Valentine's to get through after all! I know I'm attending one for my company in January (for all of those Christmas/New Year's brides-to-be) and then one in late February (for those Valentine's Day brides-to-be).
 
If you are just recently engaged, you've come to the right blog. Here are a few tips and tricks from an industry insider. You can just think of it as my engagement present to you :)
 
  
Congrats to all of the newly engaged couples--time to get planning!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Okay when I first saw the title of this post I thought you were announcing your engagement and was like how did I miss her ring picture on Instagram! hahaha But I agree I feel like half of my newsfeed is girls announcing engagements and the other half is pictures from weddings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically I am totally one of those people who just got engaged.... lol looking forward to browsing your tips and tricks. I think I'm gonna need them!!

    Xo
    Taylor
    acupoftay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! How exciting! I write so many posts about weddings so feel free to browse!

      Delete