P.S. I just took 15 Pure Barre Classes in 15 days. See what I learned here!
2. Is it supposed to burn here? I thought we were working the other side of the seat. Clearly doing this wrong, oh well at least I'm getting a double workout?
3. I thought these were sticky socks. How come I keep slipping when trying to hold this plank? If my socks were sticky I'd be able to hold it. Yea.
4. Just kidding. I have no upper body OR abs so holding the plank for the entire sequence would be a miracle.
5. Exactly how/what is a tuck?
6. Can someone point out the beginner modifications for those of us who can't stick their leg behind their head AND crunch?
7. Ooo stretching. Maybe I'll get my left split back!
8. That girl is wearing a cute shirt. I wonder where she got it. Probably Lululemon.
9. I wonder how many classes these people have taken. They're like gymnast barbies. I want to be a gymnast barbie.
10. Ok. Cheerleading in no way prepared me for this.
11. Please don't let us have the tubes with the velcro today. Please, please, please. Oh great. We get the tubes. Cool.
12. Ok, I really have no abs. Like at all. Fail.
13. Am I the only one suffering here?
14. I look like a beached whale. I hate all these mirrors.
15. Ok concentrate. You gotta work bitch.
Luckily, I'm taking a "Breaking down the Barre" class on Monday, so I hope to have most of the moves clarified and a better understanding of
what the hell I'm doing the terminology. While the class is hard (read: really really really hard) for me, I keep reminding myself that it's only my first week and everyone was a beginner at one point. The barre experts say it takes 10 classes to start seeing results and I've already seen some small improvements in my flexibility! A few people I know swear by barre, so I can't wait to see all of my hard work pay off.
Shop my favorite workout clothes for Pure Barre below!