The fact of the matter is, I have five reasons why you should hire a wedding planner (or at least have a friend in the industry--who will work for free, like me!)
1. You cannot and should not coordinate your own wedding day. This is the day that all of your hard work will pay off and you should be able to enjoy it. Not be frantically searching for your toss bouquet that you left Aunt Marg in charge of. Or worry about if the groomsmen are making a scene, or squash the drama with the bridesmaids. That's what your wedding planner/day of coordinator is for. Let them stress. You, sit back and drink mimosas.
2. Another someone to bounce ideas off of. Want to have a horse drawn carriage? Your wedding planner will be able to recommend the best. Don't have a clear vision because your Pinterest boards are ALL over the place? Hello. Wedding planner. Don't know HOW to pull off the wedding of your dreams with the BUDGET from your nightmares? That's what your planner is for!
3. Along those lines, wedding planners work in the industry. That means they can recommend anyone because they've either worked with the person personally or know them from networking events and have seen their events. And, if your favorite florist is ten grand over your budget--they'll be able to help you find one in your budget without sacrificing your vision.
4. Have everything planned, but the bouquets? Wedding planners are great with details and can even work with you on just one subject. Think of it as a "spot treatment."
5. Don't have time to make phone calls and get quotes? Really, who does. That's where your wedding planner comes in. Literally so stress free. At least for you!
Side note: I may be a tad bit biased because it is my dream and goal to be a wedding planner--if you need one for free advice/low price let me know! #shamelessselfpromo