HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Bugga!

Today is a very special day!


PicMonkey Collage


LANEY'S THIRD BIRTHDAY!!


Meet Laney: my spoiled rotten Jack Russell terrier mix that Josh and I adopted sophomore year of college right before an accounting exam. (I think I got a 56 and he got a 63 on that test--oops) Best decision ever! Maybe not in that order, but still.


The past three years have been a roller coaster ride. Literally. Whoever said adopting a dog is the best birth control is seriously on point! She is literally a little furry child!


She was the most frustrating puppy (think terrible two's for a toddler)--chewing on everything. Josh lost a few shoes and phone cords and there are still bites marks on his remote. I never would have dreamed that she would be the laid back dog she is today--she has definitely calmed down.


When we had her for about a week, we got a call that her kennel mate had parvo--a very serious doggie disease and we could bring her back if we wanted (I'm assuming to be put down). However, she did not have parvo--only mange which caused her to lose most of her hair. As a first time "dog mom," this was a very emotional time for me.


Like I said, Roller. Coaster.


We got through it and honestly, I don't even think Laney noticed! Such a fun loving pup and everyday is an adventure.


In her three years, she has enjoyed many car rides, fraternity and sorority events (she's part Phi Mu, part PIKE), canoeing,  gardening activities with the grandparents (my mom's first "grandchild"-- she's thrilled), lots of selfies, and even more love! I know I speak for Josh and myself when I say that we can't imagine life without our Laney-bug. (we are those crazy people who treat our dog like a little human --and we wouldn't change it for the world!)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUGGA!!



If you have the chance to adopt a dog, I strongly, highly, insist that you do!


Because I said so!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment