Still, having a break in the middle of the week was much needed and appreciated.
1. City Greens. So many people have been raving about this place and I have to say, I'm going to be one of them. I don't even like vegetables, but it's like I can't even taste them. I posted a picture of my gorgeous salad (can salads be gorgeous?) on Instagram, but here it is again.
(Salad: Bibb lettuce, seared tuna, seared tofu, bleu cheese, wontons, fig vinaigrette dressing) (Juice: tangerine, grape, grapefruit, lemon, and volcano salt). I'm not intentionally trying to go Paleo, Vegan, or whatever fad diet is out there--just trying to make healthier choices. P.S. This is lunch today!
2. I got a new domain name! Because I Said So can now be found at allisonsaysso.com (in case you didn't already use that URL to get here). I'm still working out a few of the kinks, but for the most part it was easy to set up.
3. Why do some days seem to go by faster than others? I work the same 8ish hours a day at the office, yet some days fly by and some drag. Take Monday for example. Knowing I had Tuesday off should have made the day go on forever, but then I blinked and it was 4:30. Here's hoping the same happens today!
4. Drink More Water. I read an article about drinking more water (I know, my life is oh so exciting). But one expert said to drink one water bottle every (3) waking hours and according to the First Lady (via an article I read on Facebook) says you should drink 91 ounces of water a day. Regardless of the exact number, I know for a fact that I'm not drinking enough water--I drink like a sip or two total for the whole day. So, in the past few days, I've tried to make a conscious effort to drink more. (Not pictured: the water bottle sitting next to me--so far I've finished half of it)
5. When it rains on the weekend, what's a girl to do? Go to the movies, of course! Am I the only one who keeps a running list of movies I want to see in my phone? Current list includes: Pitch Perfect 2, Cinderella, The Age of Adeline, Tomorrow Land, The Loft, and The Boy Next Door.