HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Perspective

I had a pretty crummy Monday. There's no getting past that fact. Despite my best efforts, I just couldn't shake the worst case of the Mondays I've had in awhile. Between wedding planning, work, and a splitting headache that wouldn't go away--Monday took it's toll. By the time I got home, I wanted to do anything but cook dinner and be anything remotely near personable.


Here's the part where I get to brag on my fiancé.

Josh sat me down, listen to me whine, complain, and basically have a break down before he put things into perspective.

I was complaining about my less than stellar Monday, when there are currently people a city over--heck down the street--who lost everything in the recent flooding. I was peddling my "woe poor is me" act, when some people were actually have a worse Monday than I was.

Needless to say, it snapped me out of my funk and made me realized how blessed I am

Sure, I had a less than stellar day at work, but at least I have a warm bed to come home to. Yes, wedding planning is stressful. But, I'm so lucky to have found the one whom my soul desires. My headache was the headache from hell, but I'm blessed to have my health.

So, the next time you catch a case of the Monday blues, remember, it's all about perspective. Which one will you choose?




No comments:

Post a Comment