HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Sunday, January 24, 2016

There's No Place Like Home

I wouldn't be house hunting if I weren't also watching endless amounts of HGTV and pinning all of the DIY tips and decor on Pinterest, right? Just go with me on this one. 

Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of both. After experiencing my first "house-heartbreak" last week, it's been sort of a therapy. 

Here are some of my go-to shows for inspiration:

1. Fixer Upper. This goes without saying, really. I think everyone is obsessed with this show (and if you aren't, you probably haven't watched it). I binge-watched the entire first season on Netflix in about a three day period of time. Hook. Line. Sinker. 
I love Chip and Joanna--the things they stand for, their family, and of course their designs. They are one of the most entertaining couples on TV and I feel like I know them personally (#goals)
Can they come find Josh and I the perfect fixer upper for our first house? Waco isn't THAT far away!

2. Home Town. Y'all. The pilot for this show came on yesterday and I'm obsessed with Erin and Ben (they are freaking adorable).  They are taking Mississippi by storm and flipping houses in little ole Laurel, MS. 
I've spent a lot of my twenty-four years in Laurel, MS visiting my Mimi (hey Mimi!) and both of my parents grew up there, so I think what they are doing to help the community is long overdue and downright amaze-balls. My Mimi says she knows them, so it's like we know celebrities, right? Plus, they were mentored by Chip and Joanna Gaines. Do you need any other reasons to watch it? I really hope it gets picked for a full season!

3. Flea Market Flip. This show teaches practical lessons in a game show setting. What I've learned: almost anything can be bought for very cheap and reimagined into something else--it just takes a little elbow grease and a lot of IMAGINATION. 

I may not know what my future house looks like or where it is, but at least I'll know how to decorate on the cheap and how to paint the cabinets if the need arises! 

What are your favorite home improvement shows? 



No comments:

Post a Comment