HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Those Phi Mu's Are the Best

When I graduated high school, it never occurred to me to


"Go Greek."


No one in family had ever rushed and I thought I could make friends on my own. After all, I "didn't want to pay for my friends."


Looking back, I'm so glad I had a change of heart. I've met some of my very best friends and quite frankly Phi Mu is the best thing that has happened to me and by far the best decision I've ever made.


Being a first generation Greek in my family, I want both my sister's to be Phi Mu's and any future baby girls I have to be Phi Mu's too. I think it comes with the territory.


Fast forward four years and now my baby sissy, Stephanie IS a Phi Mu. (as of yesterday) I spent all of the summer recruiting her and worrying for her future Greek placement. When I was able to attend her Preference Night, I knew I had sealed the deal. Bid Day was the best day ever. Like Christmas! To see her run to the Phi Mu's, her future sisters ,made me so excited for her!  It can be scary, but it's a great feeling at the same time.
IMG_0003
I couldn't be happier or more proud.


Yesterday was her initiation. I took a half day at work and everything. The ceremony was beautiful and I love how even though I was a Phi Mu at a different school, I was welcomed with open arms and able to be apart of something so precious. I know she chose the right sorority and will be able to do great things because of it.

So it's official: we are double sisters!


 Is that a thing? Probably not, but it's still cool. We share a forever bond (as if being genetic sisters wasn't enough) and it connects us on a whole different level.  


Steph, I can't wait for you to experience all that Phi Mu has to offer. It can open so many doors for you if you let it. Love you sissy!IMG_0002


IMG_0001

IMG_0005

She's an official Phi Mu y'all!


LIOB now and forever!


P.S. If you are thinking about going Greek--you definitely should no matter what sorority you choose--Because I Said So!

No comments:

Post a Comment