HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Reasons Why I Love October

October is probably the best month ever in my book.  The leaves changing (in theory) and the chill in the air (though non-existent right now) makes my heart and soul happy. No really ask Josh, I'm in a totally better mood when the cold weather comes along. Something about hot, muggy weather just makes me cranky.  Not really a good thing when you live in the South, but that's an issue for another day.

I really just can't think of any reason why you wouldn't/shouldn't/couldn't like October!


3239_1165209369535_5245565_n

For one thing, it's officially fall y'all!  Fall means the leaves on SOME trees changing colors and a chill in the air. Disclaimer: It doesn't seem like it right now in the South though. Which brings me to my next point, you can still go swimming and to the beach in October and you won't be sweating your butt off! I think its a win-win. The chill will come eventually--hopefully. I do NOT NOT NOT want a HOT Christmas.

Next on my list is pumpkins.  No, I don't actually like to eat pumpkins or pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice lattes, but if we are talking about the candy corn version of "pumpkins" I'm so there.  What I do love about the "actual" pumpkin is...PUMPKIN PATCHES! Going to pick out pumpkins to decorate with and possibly carve is so exciting! This year I WILL carve one and decorate with them. In my household, we don't decorate for Halloween--we decorate for fall (way cuter)!

It's Sweaters and Boots Season. Enough said. Fall clothes are simply the cutest! After having boots for about three seasons while I was in college, I had to throw them out. It was a sad day. But I found a great new pair for this year and I can't wait to try them out! As for the sweaters, if I even think about trying them on or buying them I start sweating--that's how hot it is here. We are going to have to wait on the whole sweater thing.

Countdowns. Christmas is in three months, Josh's birthday in 2 days, Dad's birthday in 26 days, Pittsburgh trip in two months, and NEW APARTMENT next month (fingers crossed). Hellooo GET EXCITED!!

Football Season. While I'm not that huge of a football fan, I am by association. Josh loves the Steelers (even though they aren't doing that great this year) and everyone I work with loves the Saints. So while I wouldn't die for football, it is definitely a fall MUST and I enjoy watching games all season long.

 

Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite thing is about October/the Fall....because I said so!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment