HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Monday, December 9, 2013

Five Years and Counting

Five years is a long time. I know people who have been in and out of too many "relationships" to count In five years or are even married with a kid or two by the time they know each other for five years. While I'm not in either of those boats, I wouldn't have our relationship any other way :)

Five years ago, I never would have thought that I could love someone so much. When Josh first asked me to dance at our Senior Homecoming dance, I didn't know I'd be his be his girlfriend soon after. Though honestly, I was hoping. After a few dates to various Saints games, he finally asked me to be his girlfriend (in the parking lot of our old high school). Romantic I know.

Our relationship had quite the dramatic start and many people didn't think it would last and were probably hoping that it wouldn't. Boy were they wrong.

For our fifth anniversary a few weeks ago, Josh took care of all of the dinner reservations. This was quite the lesson in trust. I have notoriously high standards--but not in a bad way of course. Plus I love HAVE to be in control of most everything.

Needless to say, the man did good. He did really good. The evening surpassed my expectations!
We ended up eating at Sun Ray Grill in downtown New Orleans. I'd never heard of it, but it was definitely a good surprise. Complete with white table clothes, candlelight, and a bottle of wine. Sun Ray Grill has some of the best food I've had in awhile (seafood and grits and bread pudding were ah-mazing) and a very cool atmosphere with exposed brick walls and original artwork for sale on the walls around us.

From now on, I think I'm going to let him pick the restaurant every time we go out (bet he didn't know what he was getting into) :)
He's certainly paid attention to every time I've said I liked this or that or because I said so!




20131209-150316.jpg

20131209-150348.jpg

20131209-150659.jpg

1 comment:

  1. […] graduated college, landed a great job, celebrated five years of dating with my wonderful boyfriend and traveled to Pittsburgh for our second annual […]

    ReplyDelete