HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's a Love Story, Baby just Say Yes

In honor of Valentine's Day being in three days, this post is dedicated to how I met Joshua. If you don't want to read anything mushy gushy please click off now. Just saying.

Side Note: The title is in honor of "our song" Love Story by T-Swift. I love Taylor Swift and I love it even more that J was like hey this should be our song. And that was before he was even close to saying that he loved me :)

First Valentine's Day present from my beau.


It wasn't always rainbows and butterflies believe me. There was a lot of drama surrounding the way we started dating and I'm pretty sure people were rooting for us to fail. In fact, I'm sure of it. 

How do I say this...

 When I first met/hung out with J,  he was dating one of my friends. I know how it looks, but it so wasn't like that. Anyways, they broke up, she moved on, and we ended up dancing the last dance at our senior homecoming together. Scandalous I know.

Homecoming '08. Check out my smile--Crazy Allison.


(Wow if that isn't long story-short, I don't know what is) 
We weren't each other's dates, but from that moment on, things just clicked. He impressed me with his athletic ability and easy going nature and I impressed him with my smarts and fun loving nature--I'm assuming (I mean I'm just THAT fabulous--kidding only slightly). We went to the same after party and hung out all night around the bonfire. I still remember that night as if it were yesterday instead of 5+ years ago. That night changed my life forever. Never in a million years did I imagine we'd be where we are today. After all, it was high school. (Told you...mushy gushy)

We went on a few dates to various Saints games and were pretty much inseparable almost to the point where it annoyed people. Oh well. 

Anyways, at this point, we were still "talking" (you know that weird stage before he officially ASKS if you'd be his girlfriend--and oh yeah I made him ask...I expected it). November 30th, almost a month after homecoming, he asked me to be his girlfriend in our high school parking lot. Romantic right? Don't worry, he was a fast learner (that I usually get what I want when I want it--sorrynotsorry I'm a brat and he loves me anyway





And I guess you could say the rest is history!




 We graduated high school and went to the same college (he followed me--don't let him tell you otherwise).

We didn't say "I love you" until we had been dating for two years..he gave me a David Yurman ring when he said it.  That's another moment I'll never forget. Right before the Pike Valentine's Date party. That was on our third or fourth Valentine's Day. It made the moment that much more special. 



We've had our ups and downs, fights and almost break ups. But at the end of the day, he's my better half. He's not afraid to tell me that I'm being annoying or to not let me have my way. He can calm me down or let me cry it out. He makes me laugh even when I'm mad at him. And those are qualities I wouldn't trade for anything. 
Because I said so :) 

 photo becauseisaidsosig_zps7aaadf76.png


14 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwww ya'll look great together.

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/why-me.html

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/grief-is-hard-thing-to-bare.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! i hope you guys have a great valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, we sure did get annoyed with y'all... :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely ADORABLE! I'm such a cheesy romantic sap that I disgust myself sometimes, but I loved this post! Happy Valentine's Day and I hope y'all have a great one!

    xoxo, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) glad you enjoyed..who knew I had such great stories haha

      Delete
  5. Hey I loved reading this. The part where you said you usually get what you want is too funny because Iv'e been known to say the same. It just means you go after what you want and are persistent, right? haha My husband is my high school sweetheart too! Well kind of, we didn't start seriously dating until after graduation. We have three little ones, are going on 5 years of marriage in March and 10 years of being together!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we are so like twins! Aww congrats to yall..I hope that one day he will (finally) pop the question!

      Delete