HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pittsbrrrrrgh

20131210-085651.jpg

Yep that's the forecast for Pittsburgh this weekend..the weekend we will be there!!! It's time for our 2nd annual road trip to watch the Steelers play!

Last year on the way up, we first saw snow when we got to West Virginia. But it was way up in the mountains so we didn't get to actually experience it. This year, I think we will be seeing snow a lot sooner and a lot more frequently because of all of the recent snow storms.

With snow in the forecast, this southern girl is having trouble figuring out what to wear!! I mean, what does one where to sit through a football game in the snow (possibly) and actually still look cute? My guess is I'm just going to end up looking like a big puffball and still freeze. Oh the things I do for my football obsessed boyfriend. Just kidding, but really.

The only time it's actually snowed in Louisiana was my senior year in high school and that was, let's face it, about 5 years ago.

So here we are about to go on our road trip (yes, an 18 hour road trip--those are fun right?) and I have no cold weather clothes....it was pretty much 70 degrees last week here. Regardless, I'm so excited that I could care less if I freeze. If worse comes to worse, then I'll just buy a parka once I get up there. Yep, that's the plan and I'm sticking with it.

In addition to the Steelers game, I hope to go see the many covered bridges in Allegheny County, as well as, visit the Phipps Conservatory. Josh wants to eat the famous "Roethlis-burger", visit the beer barn, and start tailgating the moment we get there.

Thursday needs to hurry up and get here BECAUSE I SAID SO!

No comments:

Post a Comment