HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Monday, December 9, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love Love LOVE Christmas! Everything is better at this time of the year for some reason. The air is colder, Christmas movies are on TV, and people are generally nicer and more caring.

I'm most excited about this Christmas because I get to decorate my apartment. At first, the thought was too daunting. How was I going to pick out, buy, and transport a live tree (because to me that's really the only way to go)?! Thankfully Josh was able to come through on the "manpower" front--I just told him which one and where to put it :) He drew the line at decorating though haha

Buying almost every decoration and starting from scratch really wasn't the way I wanted to spend all of my money...at first. But now seeing how cozy everything looks, makes me glad I did.

IMG_3693

IMG_3696

IMG_3699


TA DAAAAA!!! Still a work in progress, but it's turning out FABULOUS!


I'm especially loving my fleur de lis ornament, which is only fitting for my first Christmas in NOLA :)


IMG_3703


A few more shots from my apartment. I managed to grab some decorations from my parent's house that my mom wasn't using! I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes over the top for Christmas (here's looking at you mom)


IMG_3737


IMG_3736


IMG_3735


I can't wait to wrap presents and put them under the tree, watch the 25 day of Christmas on ABC Family, and reflect on the real meaning of Christmas.


Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays..Because I said so!

No comments:

Post a Comment