HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Year. New Me.

2013


has been a great year.


I graduated college, landed a great job, celebrated five years of dating with my wonderful boyfriend and traveled to Pittsburgh for our second annual Steeler's game. While this list is not comprehensive, I'd say 2013 has been pretty good to me. But, like most people, I can't wait to take on 2014. Out with the old, and in with the new--isn't that what they always say?


2014


With my love of lists, you better believe I have a list of New Year's Resolutions.


Most of them are ones the usually make the list--workout more, lose those last ten pounds, read more etc. etc.But this year, will be different. (and not just because I say so--although that has a lot to do with it)  I came across an old book I used to read as a preteen about making goals. And that's what new year's resolutions are after all, right? In order to make the goal stick and able to be achieved, you have to write down how you are going to make it happen.


For instance, one of my goals is to lose those last 8-10 pounds.


How am I going to make this happen?


1. Join a gym..(I've already done my research and found one that I liked, but you might add a step before this that says research gyms in my area. Then join that gym.)


2. Create a realistic workout schedule I can follow. (Ex. I will work out MWF and do light cardio on TTH and have the weekends off) Whether is trying new classes, or getting a personal trainer--I usually like to plan my time at the gym so it won't be wasted.


3. Eat less junk food & eat more fruits and veggies.


4. Plan my meals in advance, so I won't be scrambling at the last minute and be tempted to eat something bad for me.


As a lover of lists, having these extra guidelines/steps really helps me stay on track. The above, was just an example and the same principle can be applied to any resolution you make.



Make 2014 the year of YOU


Because I said so!

No comments:

Post a Comment