HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Joie de Vie

"Joy of living"


also known as the auction my old high school puts on annually


 Between the auction items, yummy food, and beautiful decor--the joy of living was accomplished and the auction lived up to it's name.


I went once before and missed last year, so I was thrilled to get to this year (and that my mom bought my ticket). Each year there is a different theme and the money goes towards one specific thing the school is working on. This year the theme was "A Joyeaux Cajun Noel" and all money raised is going towards building a new entrance to the school--and for anyone who went/goes to/knows anything of NCS know this IS HUGE.


I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The decorations weren't too tacky (a million things come to mind when you hear that it will be swamp themed and you are encouraged to wear your shrimp boots) and some even came from my mom's own personal collection (but shhh, you didn't hear it from me). photo 1


Cute centerpieces right?


Also I must comment on the food from Don's Catering. Technically, he is "competition" for the company I work for now, but he also is part of the reason I got my job. The passed hors d'oeuvres consisted of crab cakes, bacon wrapped shrimp with pepper jelly, and a spinach pastry. Delish. I didn't get a chance to try much of the other food, but the food definitely matched the theme and was yummy! Again, pleasantly surprised.








photo 2


And now for the most exciting part of the whole night.


I went into the auction knowing the one item I wanted to bid on. The camera. It was donated by my little sister, Carol's 7th grade class. So naturally I had heard about it for a week prior. A little back story--a camera has been on my Christmas list for 2 years running now and I really wanted one before Josh and I go to Pittsburgh this year.


Knowing what I wanted, I wrote my name on that item's sheet first and had to play the waiting game. The camera was one of the last items to close and I literally checked on it every 10 minutes! As the close for the camera came closer, I found myself hovering and willing people to not bid on--I may or may not have glared at some people. Sorry!


After a stressful, nail biting hour or so, I'm now the proud owner of a brand new Nikon! I will now be able to take pictures with something other than my iPhone. I'm so beyond excited and can't wait to test it out!


An added bonus for the night, was the doggie basket I bid on. I got it for $20 and it has all sorts of goodies for Laney including a $15 gift certificate to a dog boutique store, various treats, and a bone. Laney is beyond thrilled and is currently working on that bone.





photo-3



Laney's ultimate dog basket of goodies






photo 4


You can just call me Allison the Photographer!


photo 5


I can't wait for the Joie de Vie next year! If you haven't been before, you should for sure pick up a ticket for next year...because I said so--and its a good cause!


1 comment: