HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Do What You Love + You'll Never Work a Day in Your Life

Fashion/Style posts are back on Because I Said So! I hope you are all just as excited as I am. A quick shoutout to my youngest sister Carol for being the cutest little blogging assistant and for doing my make-up, helping me put together outfits, and helping me be less awkward! #whatdoidowithmyhands


P.S. My eyes really are THIS blue--they change between green and blue (sometimes depending on what I wear)!

Sidenote: I single handedly chose the COLDEST/WINDIEST day in South Louisiana to shoot this outfit. It's a good thing I had this coat on hand! It's been in my closet since I was a Junior in high school!




Jeans, heels (or flats), and a nice shirt is my go-to work outfit. When it's cold outside (and that's rare), I add a coat! 

Speaking of work, have I told you how much I love my job, because I LOVE MY JOB. The people I work with, the city I work in, the clients I interact with. Everything. If you had asked me a year ago where I saw myself in five years, all I would have been able to come up with is umm..married, hopefully. *Way to aim high, Allison*

I definitely wouldn't have seen myself working at a creative agency and one of only 5 employees. I never thought I'd actually get paid to do what I love.




When I got "let go" from my other job, I constantly got asked "what do you want to do?" a million different times, in a million different ways.  I'd reply, social media or Facebook/Blogging. Because quite literally, that's what my dream job was and something I believe I'm good at. That would usually trigger the answer of "well find something different" or "good luck with that."


Workday Essentials


I ALMOST believed in that lie. But now, I'm a firm believer that if you visualize something, it can come true. I kept my dream alive--that I could work in a creative industry and do what I love. Fast forward a few months, and that's what I do for a living, in the cutest little city ever. 

Stay true to who you are and don't settle. Don't do it. I can't imagine where I'd be had I settled. Hold out for your dream job, because take it from me, it's out there!


Skinny Jeans, Work Outfit, Casual, Professional


This post started out as an outfit post about what I'd typically wear to work and turned into a little nugget of wisdom. I think I even re-inspired myself! Happy Friday everyone!





Shop my look!


No comments:

Post a Comment