HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Friday, May 16, 2014

How To: Boil an Egg

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm not the best cook.  Like I can't. Cook that is.
Last night, I had to ask my family (via group text...I mean how else?) how to boil and egg. I mean I didn't want to "Google it" I wasn't that desperate. Obviously I KNOW how to boil and egg, but how do you know when it's done? 
Naturally, I asked my mother.  Turns out, even SHE doesn't know when it's done. I mean it's not like a noodle that you can taste. 

So anyways. I took her advice.

P.S. This is the first time I'm actually cooking/using my stove since me and my sister made Jello-O shots and Cheesy Chicken Enchilada for Mardi Gras. That is the degree of my culinary skills. Sad.

So, for all of my fellow NON-cookers out there, here is how you boil an egg AND know when it's done.


1. Select how many eggs you want to boil and a pot that will hold that amount.
2. Fill the pot with water so that it covers the eggs.
3. Set the heat on a moderate level--I set mine on "6"
4. Once the bubbles start coming up from the bottom of the pot, you know it's boiling. Let that happen for about 3-5 minutes. See below!
See bubbles!
5. After the 3-5 minutes, like my mom said, let the eggs sit in the water for a bit and turn the heat off.
6. Once it cools off, Viola! You have boiled eggs! 
It's actually kind of fool-proof in the sense that if you start peeling the egg and it's not boiled it'll be a runny goopy mess. I'm happy to report, that mine were perfectly boiled! 

You MIGHT need good luck with the most annoying part--peeling them! That and this giveaway! 

 You know you want a Target gift card so you can buy yourself some eggs to boil! I mean I know I would :)





3 comments:

  1. One time I was sick and wanted sunny side up eggs and my dad was like LEARN IT ON YOUR OWN. So I did and it was a fail. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be honest I've never really boiled an egg.. haha!! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is hilarious! I suck at cooking so know exactly how you feel ;)

    ReplyDelete