HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Friday, June 5, 2015

In vs. Out

Happy happy Friday y'all. Yay for another weekend--just have to make it until 5PM and then the fun begins. This week I've been focusing on staying on track with my health goals, which is more time consuming than I thought it would be FYI.



Without further ado, here's what's in and out this week!

IN:

This. video. is. everything.


Making "real" turkey bacon. Y'all. This week, I successfully made bacon on the stove, in a pan. I usually make the kind that takes like twenty seconds in the microwave!


This roast recipe. I used to hate roast. It's just the most boring of meats. Seriously. But I had this baby cooking while I was at work the other (praying that I wasn't going to burn down my apartment) and y'all, it's not your mom's roast--sorry mom. I paired it with some garlic roasted new potatoes and viola--dinner, lunch, dinner again, and lunch again. Oh the perks of cooking for one.


Having my family come over to visit in the middle of the week to shop for gala dresses.



OUT:

Washing dishes. (out every week)  I've actually been cooking, in order to stay on track with my health goals, and ugh the dishes. Adding insult to injury, my dishwasher sucks and leaves residue so I have to hand-wash after.



Here's what you may have missed on Because I Said So this week:

I made some goals for the new month (blogging, financial, and health). I'm trying to stay away from sugar, grow my Instagram following, and stick to a budget. You can read more here.

I also made a list of all the things I want to do this summer. I'm planning on going blueberry picking this weekend before attending a gala #fancy



27 comments:

  1. Ooh. I love Galas! I'm going to an awards ceremony this weekend. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate washing the dishes. We don't have a dishwasher so they pile up really fast. I can't wait to see your pics from the gala!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Switching my food blog to a lifestyle blog was the best choice I ever made. More content than food = less dishes. Amen to that! Happy Weekend Xx

    heapsofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love roast -- so good!
    Dishes really suck and sometimes I am super lazy and decide to use paper plates.
    I am not a real adult.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree with you more on the washing dishes one -- such a pain!

    XO
    Ashley
    privateschoolprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT VIDEO! omg it's internet gold. LOVE IT!!! It may be on repeat the rest of the afternoon here. haha. #sorrynotsorry. ;) Also, I saw the turkey bacon adventure via snap chat! YAY for real turkey bacon! SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha - totally agree with you about the dishes. Out, always out. And thank you for sharing the video... I think I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Washing dishes is the worst! Even worse that your dishwasher doesn't work well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My college roommate and I made a pact in school that if she always washed the dishes, I would always put them away. I hate dish washing! A sacrifice to make healthy food though, right?!

    -Morgan
    How 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lolol loving this!!!!
    I need to get my butt in gear and on track!
    Omg the roast! I use to hate roast because my parents made it so often! Now that I'm an adult and haven't eaten it in like ten years I can finally stomach it again AND it's yummy!!!
    Once and a whole anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah the bacon! Lol
    And dishes. I don't buy ANY dishes unless they're dishwasher safe lolol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree on the dishes thing. I hate washing dishes. The feeling on my hands is so disgusting, but someone has to do it. I love this kind of post.

    Mikayla | www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have such an exciting weekend ahead of you! I hate dishes, as well. I think they're part of the reason I despise cooking. Happy Friday!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the Shut Up and Dance video! Now there's a ton of movies I want to watch. I'm up to date on dishes... But behind on laundry because I hate doing it.

    Meghan
    Southern Belle Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girl hey! You know I love your blog, I was wondering if you have done a post on your blog design before and if not maybe you can do one in the future! I think your blog layout is really great and would like to do something similar but don't know where to start!
    XO Katie
    www.sugarspiceandsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHA I love that washing dishes is out. I'm all in for that out (haha, get it?) LOVE that video!!!

    xoxo
    Lauren Ashley
    www.thefashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love turkey bacon (actually more than real bacon!). Just reading you write about it made me hungry. :-)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is SO SO hard to stay away from sugar but I'm really trying to cut back too ):

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been trying to cook lately too, and I completely agree with you that washing dishes afterwards is the worst part. I hadn't seen that video before and it's now one of my new favorite videos! Thanks for sharing it :)

    Jenni // The Beautiful Little Fools

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha I am so with you on washing dishes! I am so not for it, thank gosh for the dishwasher. Gotta share pics from your blueberry picking! What will you make with the blueberries?
    http://smittensophie.com
    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Washing dishes is the bane of my existence. I've told my roommates that I will be the dishwasher loader and unloader, but don't make me wash pots and pans.
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute post idea. Mine - In: Colorado, horseback riding Out: cold temps & sleep (though I am craving it more than I can express haha).

    ReplyDelete
  23. I should actually probably trying making bacon on the stove as well. But the student life as made the microwave all important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya. But it DOES make you feel so much more "adult" to make it on the stove :)

      Delete
  24. Roast is yummy and I just think you are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete