HOME          ABout          Wedding          Contact

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Real Winners/Losers of Super Bowl XLIX

The Patriots and the Seahawks weren't the only winners and losers of the Super Bowl. Possibly even more important and more anticipated than the outcome of the game were the commercials.

This year, the commercials were all about the feels. All of the feelings. Dads with kids, kids by themselves, puppies. I mean come on. Killing me, smalls.

The winners:

#Like a Girl. I've seen this one before and it is oh so right. "Like a girl" can mean great things!



Fiat: Blue Pill. I'm glad I don't have kids that I need to explain this one to. If you were watching with a bunch of adults you probably smirked as I did. Although, for the record, I thought the priest was going to end up taking the pill.



Bud Light Pac Man. If this existed in real life, I might actually drink Bud Light. A giant, life-size Pac Man? My inner nerd just jumped for joy. Even the boyfriend got excited about this commercial.





The losers:

McDonald's. Enough with the feels. By this time, I was over it. So let me get this straight, McDonald's has money for this Super Bowl ad, but no money for decent bathrooms or money to fix the broken ice cream machine inevitably in every single McDonalds you go to? Where is the justice. Plus, it makes you fat and you will die. (Hello, SuperSize Me--scarred me for life.) Clearly, I'm not a fan of Mickie D's.




Nationwide: OMG THE WORST. Just no. When it first came on, I thought, "oh no, not another commercial with a kid in it." Then it got worse. It's a good message and all, like I don't want kids to die, but the Super Bowl was not the place or time to show this. Talk about a buzzkill. Especially when there were so many sobering commercials before it.






10 comments:

  1. I worked through the Super Bowl, so I'm catching up on the half time show and commercials. I saw the last couple of plays by the time I got home. I heard some of the commercials were real tear jerkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT NATIONWIDE KID. honestly. we figured it was going to be sweet + then he's all "because I died" LITERALLY everyone at the party I was at lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I didn't understand the intention behind that Nationwide commercial AT ALL! So horrible. It's like all the ad agencies got together and decided "Let's be really emotional this year" which was weird since everyone is typically looking for funny I think! And I'm gonna have to argue with you and say the real winner was the halftime show! :) #NYNB love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yes! I don't understand. The halftime show was entertaining for sure + the reactions on twitter were even better!

      Delete
  4. I loved the fiat one hahaha. And life size pac man, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were the only two "funny" ones I actually remember!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the #likeaGirl commercial, I too have seen it before but it still has not lost its impact. While watching the beer commercial, if that real life pac man game existed I would be all over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And they should start offering real life PacMan at like fairs and festivals!

      Delete
  6. That Nationwide commercial was horrible! Talk about wrong place wrong time! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete